Requirements for Ensemble Members
1. Successful Candidates joining one of the three 20 piece ensembles in September. Cheque to the order of Hamilton All Star Jazz Band Inc., or payment online, must accompany all successful applicants at the first night of practice. This may be cash or a cheque in the amount of $350.00; or one cheque in the amount of $125.00, plus one cheque in the amount of $125.00 post dated no later than October 31st, plus one cheque in the amount of $125.00 post dated no later than November 30 for a total of $375.00. Payments will be pro-rated for candidates joining the ensembles at other times in the year.
Hamilton All Star Jazz Band Inc. is a registered charitable organization. We operate three ensembles to provide talented young people with the opportunity to perform great music in the company of others sharing the same dedication and standards. It is our desire to make participation available to the widest group of students in the community regardless of financial circumstances. If you have any concerns in this regard please have a private and confidential word with your Music Director.
2. You will be expected to be available for all rehearsals starting the last week of September through to the end of June. A list of days and times specific to each band is available from your Music Director. Please try to arrive early so that we may use the time to the greatest benefit.
3. You will be expected to be available for all performances. A list of currently confirmed performances is available from your Music Director. Any additional performances are always checked with ensemble members first before being accepted.
4. You will require a yearlong calendar on the first night of practice and every night thereafter. Please make sure that you continue to participate with your school ensembles, etc., but you should try to keep an accurate calendar of events so that you can avoid any conflicts.
5. All ensemble members will require appropriate dress, including black shoes and black socks for all concert performances. Consult each Director for details.
6. You will be expected to participate in any day trips, overnight trips, out of country tours and possible related fund raising efforts. Your Music Director will provide specifics of any such activity well in advance.
7. The organization requires the support of family and friends throughout the year. Parents and families are encouraged to participate in one of the organization’s committees which include: finance, marketing, ticket sales, sponsorship, planning, Board of Directors, Advisory Council, Fire Hall Concert Series, Dinner / Dance, Spring Concert (Redeemer), ArtsFest. Talk to your ensemble director for more information.
In consideration for being accepted as a member of a Hamilton All Star Jazz Band Inc. (HASJB) program, on behalf of myself or as the legal guardian of the minor registrant, I acknowledge that staff and / or volunteers have taken all reasonable safety precautions and that this program may involve certain hazards and risks. I further authorize Hamilton All Star Jazz Band Inc. to obtain any medical care deemed necessary if I am/my child is injured and agree to pay for any resulting expenses. HASJB does not accept any responsibility for any accidents or incidents, that arise from your participation in the HASJB program and that may result in personal injury or death of any persons, or damage sustained by any individual or damage to property owned by any individual, and by signing this form I/we agree to waive and save harmless the HASJB, its directors, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers (collectively “the Releases”) from any and all such claims, loss, damages or causes of action whether arising from the negligence of the releasees or otherwise. The undersigned has read all of the conditions, including requirements for ensemble members, and agrees to be bound by same.